Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Our Story

Our story began 20 years before I ever met my husband, Eric. God in his infinite wisdom knew what he was doing when he perfectly planned the timing of our meeting and the weaving of our two lives.

The song God Bless the Broken Road says pretty much just how I felt.
But I got lost a time or two, wiped my brow and kept pushing through; I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you. Every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars pointing me on my way into your loving arms, this much I know is true that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.

Over 20 years ago I had prayed for the Lord to send me who he wanted me to spend my life with and this blog is intended to be about us and our journey with Christ.

It all started the night I met a Eric online when he sent me an Instant Message. We clicked instantly. That entertaining conversation continued for eight hours straight. Little did I know that this exceptional gentleman would soon come to be the love of my life, but God already knew it to be so.

After months of daily emails, online chats, and phone calls, we decided to meet face to face. Our first date was on the beach, and it was 48-hours of pure romantic and magical bliss. We knew then that we were falling head over heels in love and felt it was our fate that we were destined to be together.

We continued to date long-distance and visited one another as often as we could. But living over 1,000 miles apart often proved to be difficult for our relationship. With the blessings of my family, I eventually made the move from Mississippi to Pennsylvania.

We knew we wanted to get married, and talked about it often. One beautiful summer day Eric took me to one of our favorite places called Bartram’s Covered Bridge for a romantic picnic where he proposed. We were married out on the beach in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Our wedding day was on the seventh year anniversary of our first date.

God is uniting our two families together, and between us we’ve been blessed with five amazing children, and today we have four beautiful grandchildren.

... Fast forward two years ...

On January 26, 2009 we found out that God had different plans for our lives as my husband was unexpectedly hospitalized and diagnosed with Stage 4 Advanced Cirrhosis, End-stage liver disease. We were told he would need a liver transplant in order to survive.

Today my beloved husband’s health is rapidly declining. For unknown reasons this is the path that the Lord has determined we would walk, and we’re putting our complete trust in him--praying for his will to be done in our lives. This is a very painful and difficult time in our lives both physically and emotionally. However, we’re relying completely on God.

Our prayer is for a miracle that Eric will be able to receive a healthy liver transplant one day soon. We know that one day this test will become a part of our testimony.

This is the chapters of our continuing journey.

Update: On March 14, 2010 our prayers were answered and we received a God sized miracle. Eric was blessed to get the life saving liver transplant and is doing well today, all thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment