Friday, June 5, 2009

Gone but not forgotten



On Saturday morning May 30, 2009 our family lost our beloved “Mom”, she was 85-years-old.

We had a beautiful life celebration service for her. She was a huge part of our daily lives, and we're going to miss her terribly. Pastor Buddy gave a lovely memorial tribute to mom, and our friend Steve sang two of her favorite songs. Our church family has been so incredibly supportive throughout her lengthy illness. The outpouring of love, encouragement, food, and flowers from everyone has been overwhelming.

It’s been a continuous whirlwind with lots of friends and relatives visiting. It was great having all of our family here to remember mom. And yesterday the last of the kids have flown back to their homes, and our home is now very quiet.

As I was preparing my morning cup of coffee getting ready to do my daily devotion today, I realized my faithful prayer partner won’t ever sit with me again to do this as we had done so many times in the past. I felt a profound sadness come over me, yet I know that the grieving process will take some time to work through.

It’s difficult to put into words what mom meant to me, she was so much more than just a mother-in-law she was one of my closest friends who blessed my life. I loved her dearly, and cherish our short time we had together.

Although we may feel sad by our loss, we know its heaven’s gain and she is looking down from there watching over us. We have the reassurance that we will see her again one day, and that is comfort enough.

And God shall wipe away all tears of their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:4

Rest in peace mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment